“Our wounds are often the openings into the best and most beautiful part of us”
Have you been feeling “stuck” or overwhelmed?
Perhaps you and your significant other find it difficult to communicate each other’s feelings and needs?
Or maybe you’re trying to make sense of a life experience and don’t know where to start?
I would like to reassure you, you don’t have to endure the pain and confusion alone. We, as humans, have all experienced moments in life where we feel disconnected from our true selves and even our loved ones. Sometimes we just need some support along the way. In my practice, we can work together to address these difficulties. Some other areas I can help with include:
- Relationship difficulties
- Communication problems
- High-functioning anxiety and depression
- Developing healthy boundaries
- Family stress
- Processing family of origin/childhood experiences
- Identity formation
- Life transitions
- Recovering from codependency/attachment issues
- Cultural identity
- Mindfulness practices
- Trauma healing
- Working through overwhelming emotions
- Increasing self-compassion and self-worth
- Law Enforcement/First Responder Families and Communities
- Career concerns
- Intergenerational trauma
- Cultural trauma
I integrate the following in my practice:
- Strengths-based Approach: We will identify and build on your current strengths and areas of support. I view each and everyone of my clients as resourceful and resilient in the face of adversity.
- Client-centered: I will work with you as a collaborative partner. I will guide and encourage you to take action in the areas of your life that matter the most.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): We will explore your internal world through your thoughts and identify any unhealthy patterns of behaviors and relating. Part of this process is learning a variety of ways to cope with tough situations.
- Psychodynamic: We will work in exploring your unconscious feelings/thoughts and how your past experiences continue to impact you today. Self-awareness and the understanding of the influence of the past on present behavior will be the focus.
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT): We will practice mindfulness skills with the goal of being consistent with your true values.
- Systems: We will explore the impact of your environment and better understand ongoing issues in a contextual framework.
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT): We will explore your emotions as a source of healing and insight.
- Holistic: We will learn and integrate other various therapeutic approaches and focus on the relationship between mind, body, and spirit.
- Humanistic: We will explore ways to develop a stronger sense of self, as well as access and understand feelings to gain a sense of meaning in life.
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”